happy 2nd anniversary to extended egg video, love shrek
i can’t believe steve smashmouth has been singing these same two lines for two years straight
GM: Oh no, it looks like the zombies are your old teammates! What do you do?
Me: I cast fire ball.
*the rest of my companions gasp in horror*
Me: *shrugs* they were lousy teammates.
This is a bug fix and optimization release, which is probably something we should get used to for a while, since there is a lot left to do! I’ve tried to make it possible to play in larger worlds again, but there’s also more that can be done.
Major bug fixes
- Fixed several large slow-down culprits
- Stopped trees from growing through floors
- Fixed a problem causing the suspension of constructions (old saves with affected jobs will still need to restart them) (ag)
- Fixed a few problems with hospital code causing them to overstock item (ag)
- Fixed problem stopping underground fishing (UristDaVinci/Quietust)
- Made cultures that oppose intruders more lax when in places controlled by less wary groups (one cause of marketplace knifefights)
- Made adventure-mode ambushers somewhat more in tune with their task
- Made master soldiers stop reverting back to corresponding regular soldier type
- Fixed crash that could occur when looking at adventure log while traveling
Other bug fixes/tweaks
- Stopped clearing professions upon achieving master soldier type
- Fixed the population cap
- Made it possible to detect plantings too late in the season again (Quietust)
- Stopped migrants from retaining certain adv/etc. flags harmful to their integration into the fort (making them ‘hostile’) Note: those from old saves might take off articles of clothing and store them and other strange things, since the integration could not be made complete easily…
- Fixed problem with non-entity armies/travelers failing to evaluate nearby creatures properly
- Tried to improve prioritization for creatures trying to handle many targets, especially w/ extra senses (caused combat AI paralysis)
- Stopped fliers from wanting to jump (and sometimes colliding mid-air)
- Added some basic climbing skill to wg/etc. soldiers, esp. thieves
- Vermin can escape from non-artifact containers properly (Quietust)
- Caravans check weapon type properly for material selection (Quietust)
- Diplomats that wanted bodyguards should get them now (Quietust)
- Stopped aquarium check from turning off other vermin code (Quietust)
- Fixed crash that happened in the arena when doing v-p on a dwarf with a weapon
- Creature art value considered properly by civs now (Quietust)
- Fixed problem dividing out item milligrams in weapon velocities (UristDaVinci)
- Can now melt metal chests (Quietust)
- Handled a few problems causing extra/erroneous long patrol thoughts (Quietust)
- Made children get full list of default labors upon growing up and respected any existing skills
- Stopped migrant historical children from receiving labors
- Made underground populations properly respect layer size (the numbers can get very high, but blame the giant under-ocean caves in part)
- Stopped hyper-obese digesting dwarves from constantly recalculating insulation/mass data (ag)
- Fixed some problems causing certain jobs to check too many items (angavrilov/Quietust)
- Allowed egg-laying critters without baby/child state to have viable eggs
- Stopped listing dead non-fort animals/etc. as missing
- Fixed a rounding error with projectile calculations (Pirate Bob/UristDaVinci)
- Adjusted contact area/depth of ammo, max velocity of shooters (Joben)
- Fixed a problem causing saplings to grow up 10x as fast as they should
- Stopped sparring from being placed in combat reports
- Displayed proper key for viewing agreements in civ screen
- Stopped dwarves from swiping hospital goods from the caravan
- Made the game respect more circumstances whereby medical inventory items are removed (fixing the crutch speed bug, for instance)
- Stopped ghosts from being able to realize dreams after they are dead
- Fixed problem where tools made from adamantine wafers required the wrong material amounts (Quietust)
- Fixed problem with seed initialization for mid-level maps that could cause inconsistency (Quietust)
- Fixed broken lack of cage/chain thought for law dwarf (Quietust)
- Adjustments to animal people frequencies (see file_changes.txt)
- Made king cobra people legless like other snake people
- Fixed a problem causing the tortoises not to appear
- Made random creature spines connect up properly
- Fixed material values for obsidian (UristDaVinci)
- Various typos fixed (see file_changes.txt) (thanks to Gorobay for finding most of these)
- Re-added elven diplomacy, though it is still unchanged from its first incarnation
Toady One - Bay 12 Games
In order to be unbiased and fair to all religions we’ve banned it from the nation’s public schools.
Here’s a different solution. In order to be just as fair let’s invite all religions into schools, rather than prohibit all of them.
Let’s show our children all of the options for belief, even the option to have none at all.
Let’s make posters of all major beliefs and the cultures they originated from because culture is something our race seems to be losing.
Our government seems to think the closed-door policy is the only way to be fair, inoffensive, and respectful, but I believe there’s an open-door policy that can provide the same thing.
While I can’t change the world I plan to raise my future children with an informative and open upbringing that would make a cultural anthropologist proud.
We need more open mind and open hearts.